Wednesday, September 15, 2010

homeward bound

I'm headed home for a couple of weeks. I've got two appointments tomorrow: dentist and a thesis-signing, and would have been in Chicago the week after, but that trip is now canceled. So, I'm lugging my files back home, but not many of my shoes or clothes. I've made lots of progress on the lit review front and will just keep grinding away at that, brainstorming, and outlining. So far (3 weeks into the sabbatical), I'm still on the schedule I laid out for myself in my proposal, so all good there. I'm going to continue working at the same pace at home, just won't have the incredibly benign temperatures, morning sun blanketed under a thick marine layer, or incredibly lovely views (no matter which direction one turns!). Boohoo.  But, it'll be nice to be home for a while with TH, to go to the farmer's market with MP1, and to catch up with a couple or three colleagues. Meanwhile, a few random photos, a final chapter in this book, logging a good summary, and then hitting the road.
buying for one at the local farmer's market







sun setting at one of my fav beach spots


bayview, an easy (and regular) walk from sabbatical house
 
 

rock reflection on city beach

No comments: