Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grant Proposal Writing

It is 11:30 pm. I have officially spent nothing short of 17 hours today writing an internal grant proposal for some exhibit funding for next fall. It's not a particularly onerous grant application, but the topic is somewhat outside my area of expertise, and I had to come up with justifications/framing language that relates to our official university mission (don't get me started). Plus, I had to demonstrate some matching funds from other sources. So, I think it's done, except for the brief letter of support from my chair. I will clearly have to write that myself tomorrow morning and get his signature on it. No grading done today, but I did get to mix some Curious George and King Kong into all the scientific discourse. To be a fly on the wall of the readers. And to get some time to myself, and some sleep. Yes, that too would be good.

2 comments:

Southern Heart said...

It sounds as if you've had a busy week! :) I wanted to let you know that I posted the MCM house for you, and I hope you enjoy seeing it. I couldn't tell, but do you know if that front door has a design in/on it?

BTW, I like the blue paint color...very soothing color!

Southern Heart said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed seeing it again. It is a stunning structure, isn't it? That is a dogwood in the photo. That neighborhood is so well-preserved, and it's always a delight to visit.

I made a slideshow of my favorite Spring photos...I thought your mother might enjoy seeing them. The password is: sunflower

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/TrueSouthernHeart/Garden%20Slideshow/?albumview=slideshow