Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Well, Damn

Today marks the start of MP2's college career. Yesterday, he and I packed a ridiculous amount of stuff into 4 suitcases using Space Bags--200 lbs. of shirts, shorts, jeans, and linens. Thank god for wheeled luggage.


Before...


After...


And so on, and so forth...

This morning, we all got up at 4 am, so that he and his dad could make their crack of dawn flight with 4 suitcases, three instruments, and one laptop. I tried to go back to sleep at 4:30 when they left, but it was difficult. I am really, really happy for him, but I miss him already, too. He's the baby of the family, so I'm kinda sadder than I expected to be. On the other hand, I got to work on my damned article all day long with absolutely no one here to bug me for anything (it was great, I must admit). I answered a few emails from students, noticed a very disturbing trend in enrollments (my 8 am, MWF class is going to be fully enrolled; is there NO justice in life?), and talked to MP1 a few times. Her new apartment situation is taking a wholly predictable turn--the remodel won't be finished for another 15 days. I guess I may have a few young fashion mavens in the house for the start of the semester. It's good that she'll be home in a couple days, since that will no doubt take the edge off my current pathetic state.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry! we'll have fun even though we miss him...we'll just shop a lot =)