Sunday, October 17, 2010

home again, home again, jiggety-jig

Sabbatical home, that is. And oh, how happy I am to not be sitting on the 405. And while the drive home yesterday was not so bad, the drive down was horrible. TH flew in to meet me--I was an hour and a half late picking him up from the airport--which was literally right across the street from the conference hotel.  I should have flown in too, but back when I wrote this post, about how this conference was "driveable" and would serve as an external deadline for some of my sabbatical goals, I was thinking sheerly in terms of distance.

Versus traffic. Waste-3-extra-hours-of-my-precious-sabbatical-to-drive-a-mere-50-miles-traffic! And no views except of the wasteland that is LB's industrial zone. Ugh.

Boo hiss!! But, I have only myself to blame for this, because for more than a decade and a half  (since we moved here, and in fact--for years before that, when we came out from previous state to family reunions each Thanksgiving), we have had to navigate this hellacious traffic and spent more time getting through the city, than to it. But oh how quickly we forget. Now that I've blogged about it, I hope I can let it go. Thank god we only have one relative left down that way.  More about the conference later, I guess.

1 comment:

P said...

Well, it looks like we've both done some home renovation.

I've been away for a while and haven't yet gone through some of your posts. Just wanted to say I like the new digs.