Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Day of Throwing Things Away

Yesterday, I went in to work and had a wonderful day of throwing stuff away. Reams and reams of stuff (it was very exciting). I'm going to do more of this on Monday, but today I am reading a thesis, making some more progress on a review that is due soon, and enjoying the Olympics. Speaking of the Olympics, we watched the opening ceremonies last night. They were truly, truly amazing. Two summers ago, we got a very quick glimpse of the stadium under construction. It was clearly massive and artful, but who could have imagined all the computer technology and mechanical engineering that made last night's show so phenomenal? And the costumes, and the choreography, and the precision of the performers. It was absolutely spectacular (and I'm so happy I got to watch a shortened, air-conditioned version of it).

No comments: