Thursday, April 3, 2008

Campus Print Shop

Today I picked up the set of Proceedings that I've been working on for way too long (it's our inaugural volume and I am just making this business up as I go along), but I am super, super pleased with the job and price that our campus print shop gave me. The manager assured me when I took the work in (after getting competitive bids from other off-campus print shops) that she would give me an even better price than her employee who originally bid the job for me. And boy did she. It came in MUCH lower than I expected (like $200 lower!). Given that I'm paying for one ad and my Department for another, the cost to the organization is going to be negligible. I'm really happy about that since I've taken the Board down this entirely experimental path.

No comments: