Sunday, June 10, 2012

pros and cons

Over the course of the last week, I've been working hard to clean up and organize the debris of the 2011-2012 academic school year.  In the past, I've managed to get this chore done during or immediately after finals week, but this last year has been especially busy and crazy. And I started the school year behind, in the sense that I had never managed to recover from the mental, emotional and physical chaos caused by the ongoing saga that is my mother's crazy life (notice I am trying not to call her crazy).  I've only just now managed to refile boxes of documents and mss. that I brought home from my aborted sabbatical. I'm working on letting go of my resentment about the timing of her latest crisis, but I'm not there yet. 

While I've not found much time to blog this year, I did keep a computer file of images that were intended to be blog fodder. Since I'm now working on cleaning up my computer desktop and Endnote files, I'm going to go ahead and post them. Some are really out-of-date. Others, while old, still retain some currency. This one is an instance of the latter.  I smile every time I see it. It is a white board in MP1's Dallas apartment. She's still acclimating to her work place and city (which has lots to recommend it--great museums, for instance).  And she hasn't been there a full year (i.e. serious summer heat and humidity still to come).  We always encourage her to write out her thoughts, so I was happy to see this (and she gave me permission to post it).  I guess the only thing that has really changed since she made this initial list is that she's been thinking of going to SMU for an MBA--they have a version that incorporates an Arts Mgmt. Certificate. The two of us visited the campus in March (a trip I'll never forget). But that's a different post and set of pictures. Right now, I'm off to church w/MGC (jk); we are headed to "second Sunday"--antique/junk market under the freeway. 

No comments: