Wednesday, June 13, 2012

framed!

Here is the framed version of my ledger art (details of purchase here). This was my reward/celebration for earning full professor. I had received my dean's letter of recommendation for promotion a week or two before we went to the Marin show, but I wanted to wait for the provost's letter before getting it framed. I just love the way it turned out. For me, the big question about framing styles was whether to highlight the archival quality of the piece (i.e. the ephemera) or to foreground the contemporary art component. Clearly, I went with the latter. The first image is a cropped version of the second one (I had a hard time dealing with the glare from the glass while also getting enough light to show the true colors). What do you think?



I bought my Prius when I was promoted to associate professor, so it's 5 years old now, but still running like a gem.  I think the biggest expense associated with it must be the new (clean!) floor mats I just purchased. I love that car; every time I pull into a gas station I think "wow, it's been a long time since I've had to do this!" 

2 comments:

Holly said...

Looks amazing!

auto ethnographer said...

And it's so much better in person. You'll have to come visit it.