Saturday, March 10, 2012

office decor

A hundred  years ago, before my life became all about my mom's life and crises--I promised to post pictures of my office re-do. Seriously this was a long, long time ago, as in pre-sabbatical days.  I just found the pics on my computer and remembered my blog password.  Since everyone remarks upon and/or covets the lucite chair, I'll just say now that it was an IKEA purchase. And it is super comfortable.




















And that is a Frank LaP*ena mixed media work on the column. It was more than the chair, but still more affordable than one of his oil paintings (though I still aim to buy one of those as well). I hate that I've neglected my blog so much, but it is mostly a function of the chaos of the last year and a half.  If you know who I am, feel free to find me on FB, but meanwhile I'm going to try to remember to carve out enough time to at least post a photo or two.

6 comments:

participant-observer said...

Makes me a little misty- many good laughs were shared in that office! I like the new arrangement and it is so clean. My office smells like feet and is covered by empty Diet Coke cans and half-drunk cups of coffee.

auto ethnographer said...

It is clean because the real work gets done at home and in the museum lab--I wish I had more time to inhabit my office these days.

Anthea said...

I love your office and I really like the fact that you have two windows! How lovely! I'm a huge fan of windows ...I think that its because I've had offices in basements where there's either some light in tiny slits at the top of the wall or none at all.

auto ethnographer said...

Thanks, Anthea I do love having windows. They make all the difference. In grad school, I had a window-less basement office. Glad those days are gone.

Regus Virtual Office Solutions said...

You have done a great job in utilising every inch of space that you have. Pretty sure a lot of people can pick up a few tips from you.

Deborah said...

It is an amazing office decoration. I would like to decor my low office like this. Thank you for sharing this pictures and giving me an idea about office decoration.