Lots of people ask me if my Prius has been recalled or has any problems of the sort we are hearing about in the news. So far, the 2010 Prius seems to be the one with the brake problems (and I've been driving my 2007 for long enough to have experienced any such difficulty). So knock-on-wood; I've got no car issues right now. However, as a T*yota owner, I did receive a broadcast email about which cars and models have accelerator problems and how/when to bring them in. Here is that list.
- 2005 - 2010 Model Year Avalon
- 2007 – 2010 Model Year Camry
- 2009 – 2010 Model Year Corolla
- 2010 Model Year Highlander
- 2009 – 2010 Model Year Matrix
- 2009 – 2010 Model Year Rav4
- 2008 – 2010 Model Year Sequoia
- 2007 – 2010 Model Year Tundra
At the time I was in the market for a new car, many of these models just seemed too expensive for me. I guess I lucked out in that regard. Sorry for any of you guys who must deal with this fiasco.