Friday, October 10, 2008

Giraffes in Hawaii


Last year, we gave ED a bug box and giraffe umbrella for her 4th birthday (I'm apparently trying to turn these kids into naturalists. Two years before that I gave WMD a stuffed giraffe--which also went along on this island jaunt). But this month, I totally spaced on WMD's birthday (by 10 days-oy), so I wrote Alison to apologize and ask what WMD is into these days (answer: Legos. Legos. Legos). She sent these photos of the kids playing with the giraffe umbrella in Hawaii. So cute. And tonight, we bought WMD a very cool lego kit. No giraffes or bugs or other animals involved. I'll mail it tomorrow. After I bake a carrot cake for the reception.

2 comments:

academic poser said...

Mmmm. Carrot Cake? Yum!

Anonymous said...

Is it just a coincidence that WMD ALSO stands for "weapons of mass destruction"? altho, I don't know the child . . . just thinking of mine own, obviously!