Monday, June 9, 2008

Eloquent Essay

Right now, I am on campus, in my usual hiding place (far from the office, but close to some coffee), and I just have to say: among all the various sources that were suggested to me to facilitate revisions for this ms., the one I am reading now is absolutely eloquent. It is written by a Cree-Metis woman named Heather Harris and entitled "Indigenous Worldviews and Ways of Knowing as Theoretical and Methodological Foundations for Archaeological Research." I'm sure there are others in this volume of equal worth, but this one renders raging epistemological arguments into near poetry; I'm going to have to use it in class--which will be easy--because while she is focusing on archaeology, nearly all the same problematics apply to sociocultural anthropology.

No comments: